CancelledOpen Farm Day @ Edendale
Due to forecasted Extreme fire danger rating for this Saturday 18th March, we've regretfully had to cancel Open Farm Day.
Open Farm Day is back, with a great new format and all hosted at the one location, Edendale Community Environment Farm.
Locally based farmers, producers and growers will be on hand to share their wisdom about farming in the Green Wedge, with demonstrations, educational workshops and a range of incredible local products to buy.
The program on Saturday 18 March will be an opportunity to sample and purchase local produce. Visitors can also meet the farm animals, see street performers and be entertained with live music, face painting and more.
Participating businesses and activities on the day:
Activities and Workshops
- Bee a Pollinator with Katrina Forstner from Buzz and Dig (book a spot here). This 1 hour session will introduce families to native bees, pollination and increasing urban biodiversity.
- Birds of Farms: Rewilding Yarra to Yea with Birdlife Australia (book a spot here). This 1 hour session will introduce you to the project that worked with landowners to develop scientifically rigorous plans for on-ground habitat restoration and includes a 20-minute 2 bird survey at Edendale (Please BYO your own binoculars for the bird walk)
- Dung Beetles with Karen Thomas from Melbourne Water: Learn about Dung Beetles which are fascinating insects that play a significant role in agriculture, removing animal waste, improving soil, water quality and the ecosystem.
- Native Fish on farms with Native Fish Australia - Learn about the role native fish have in the ecosystem and how farmer can use them in farm dams
Starting a Bath Tub Worm Farm with Richard - Is a small worm cafe not adequate for your home or farm organic recycling needs? Join Richard to learn about how to make and maintain a bathtub worm farm to recycle your organic waste.
Goat Demonstrations with Farmer Rae - Join Farmer Rae down at the goat shed to discover all things Edendale Goats
- Farm tours - Join an Edendale Staff member on a farm tour to visit the farm animals
- Farm Tours
- Water Bug Observation
- Butterfly enclosure
- Face Painting
Parking will be limited at Edendale so we would encourage you to investigate some more sustainable transport options including:
- Riding your bike
- Public Transport
- Car pooling
Some overflow parking may be available at Eltham North playground
If you have accessibility requirements please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss
Privacy Collection Notice
Nillumbik Shire Council – Edendale Farm is collecting your information for the purpose of receiving your registration for this event. The information you provide will be used to complete your registration and communicate with you regarding this event.
The personal information you provide will not be shared without your consent unless we are permitted or required to by law.
If the mandatory information is not provided, we may be unable to complete the registration process.
You have the right to access and correct your personal information. Enquiries for access should be made to the Privacy Officer 9433 3271, email@example.com or PO Box 476, Greensborough Vic 3088.
When (All dates cancelled)
Saturday, 18 March 2023 | 10:00 AM
- 04:00 PM
Edendale Farm, 20 Gastons Road Eltham, Eltham, 3095, View map
20 Gastons Road Eltham ,
20 Gastons Road Eltham ,