Queensland Fruit Fly for Home Gardeners - Online
The Queensland Fruit Fly (QFly) has arrived in Melbourne and could impact your fruit or veggie harvest this season.
This webinar is for the home gardener and will introduce you to:
- QFly and its life cycle
- How it could impact your edible garden
- How to minimise the risk of it visiting your garden
- What to do if it does make a home in your crop
This is a free event. Ticket options are 1) Attend the live event plus receive a link to the recording, or 2) Receive a link to the recording only
- Richard Rowe: Environmental Educator at Edendale Farm and SGA
- Bronwyn Koll: Queensland Fruit Fly Regional Coordinator - Yarra Valley
- Stephanie Orive: Land Management Officer - Nillumbik Shire Council
What you will learn
- QFly identification Simple actions to keep
- QFly away from your crop
- What to do if you have QFly in you crop
What to bring
What you will get
What to wear
- Webinar Casual Appropriate for home gardeners, cooks, environmentally concerned
This is a free workshop but bookings are essential.
Book online at We Teach Me
The personal information requested on this form is being collected by Council for the registration for an activity. This information will be used solely by Council for that primary, or directly related, purpose. The applicant understands that the personal information provided is for the registration for an activity and that they may apply to Council for access to and/or amendment of the information.
Monday, 05 October 2020 | 07:00 PM
- 08:30 PM
This is an online interactive event using Zoom.
Upon registration you will receive a link to the event via email. You will also receive a reminder closer to the day via email.
You will need to download the Zoom App.
If you haven't used Zoom before you should log in before the event to see how it works and ensure you are all set up.