Parties at Edendale
If you are thinking of having a party at beautiful Edendale, we have a number of options
Children's party options
10am to 12.30pm
1.30pm to 4pm
Farm tours or visiting guinea pigs will happen at 11am or 2pm with a maximum of 20 children.
Shelter Only - $92
For children's birthday parties we hire our
- The spaces are best suited to a party group of up to 20 children with a maximum of up to about 50 guests.
- Parties can be booked on weekends and are subject to availability.
- Exclusive use of outdoor shelter for 2 1/2 hours.
- The Peppercorn and Sheoak Shelters are undercover but have no wind protection.
- Two tables and some seating is provided.
- The space is suited to a maximum of 50 guests but will not provide shelter for that number in wet weather.
- A power point is available for use.
Edendale is a great place for children to explore and enjoy the environment. Take the opportunity to show them the self-guided activities, gardens and animals.
Mini Party - $165
Shelter hire cost as above PLUS
- 20 minutes with a Farmer to hold and pat our guinea pigs or visit our reptiles and spiny leaf insects
- chicken feed supplied for feeding the chickens at your leisure.
This party is directed to younger children under three years old.
Farm Tour Party - $255
Shelter hire cost as above PLUS
- 30 minute guided farm tour that will include some of the following depending on the availability of animals and the season.
- Chook feeding, feeding kid goats (September to December), guinea pig holding, hay feeding the sheep and goats, spiny leaf insect holding, visiting our Blue Tounge lizards and turtle.
Directed at children 3 years and older, younger children can follow on the tour but some of the activities are not suited for under three years old.
Waste Free Party Kit for Hire
We have portable party kit with all you need available for hire on your party day. It includes crockery & cutlery, tablecloths and some bunting for decoration. So no paper plates or plastic forks required. Full details here.
Public Liability protection is included for you and your guests when hiring a space at Edendale. You will need to complete a Community Public Liability Form and return it with your payment.
On the day
You can arrive half an hour before the party to set up in the chosen outdoor shelter. The staff member on duty will make contact with you to assist if required.
How to book and pay
Complete the online booking enquiry below, we will check availability of your chosen date and be in touch to confirm details. We require payment within 2 weeks of the booking being completed and confirmed. EFTPOS facilities are available.
See below for conditions of hire and our refund policy, please read them carefully.
Conditions of hire
As Edendale is an environmental education facility you should plan your party food and party with the following considerations
- Use reusable food storage containers where possible
- Use recyclable materials
- Have minimal waste
- We don’t have the facilities to store or heat food
- You will need to bring all your own plates, utensils, knives, candles.
- No BBQ facilities are available at Edendale. (Some BBQ facilities at Eltham North Adventure Playground)
- Please take home any waste or rubbish from the party.
If you are providing food. You must ensure that children DO NOT feed party food to the animals as it can make them very sick.
Edendale is a public family oriented venue. The following restrictions apply
- No dogs
- No excessive alcohol
- No loud music
- No portable BBQ's or naked flames
- Food Trucks cannot be brought on site for private parties
- No ball games, bike or skateboard riding. Bike parking is available at designated places
- No decorations (party popper, balloons, confetti or streamers) which create waste and can blow into the paddocks and environment, see the video below. Balloons must be removed from the party area and be disposed of offsite.
Supervision of guests
- All children need to be fully supervised. Please ensure you have enough adults for supervision.
Payment should be made within 2 weeks of making your booking. Please pay at Reception Monday to Friday 9.30am to 4.30pm.
EFTPOS payments can be accepted over the phone.
- Cancellations may occur due to inclement weather. On very hot or wet and windy days a full refund will be made if you advise us of the cancellation by the Thursday before your booking
- On Extreme and Code Red fire danger days Edendale closes to the public so parties will be cancelled. We will advise you as early as possible and provide a full refund.
- If a medical or other emergency occurs on site, your farmer will be required to attend the emergency. In this case your farm tour/activity will end and you will be refunded accordingly.
- If there is any other reason for a cancellation a $20 administration fee will be incurred.
- Bring your own party food or al fresco Cafe Eden is open 9am to 3pm for coffee and light meals (catering also available).
- Unbooked parties and gatherings are possible keeping in mind a few considerations. A gathering of up to 10-15 people is able to use our outdoor shelter spaces if they are not booked for party use, but you will need to make the space available to other Edendale visitors.
- Groups are also welcome to have a small party on one of our lawn areas while still allowing other Edendale visitors use of the area. Please consult in advance with staff if you plan to bring along a shade shelter or umbrella.
- Lawn areas can be booked for functions. Talk to Edendale staff about the availability and cost of our lovely spaces. to enquire, complete the booking enquiry form or email Edendale@nillumbik.vic.gov.au or on 9433 3711.
We suggest you drop in to have a look at the facility to ensure it suits your requirements.
PARTY ENQUIRY FORM
The personal information requested on this form is being collected by Council for booking purposes. This information will be used solely by Council for that primary, or directly related, purpose. The applicant understands that the personal information provided is for the party booking process and that they may apply to Council for access to and/or amendment of the information.