Edendale Young Farmers
Next date: Thursday, 26 September 2019 | 09:00 AM
to 12:00 PM
Your animal loving youngster will have the opportunity to help one of the Edendale Farmers with the morning animal chores.
A small group of children between 9 and 12 years old will help one of our farmers with the morning animal chores and experience what it is like to be a farmer. They will get up close to many of our friendly farm animals and help in their daily care and feeding.
The children will join in with a range of activities, which may include:
• letting out and feeding the poultry
• collecting eggs, cleaning waterers and nesting boxes
• feeding and brushing the goats
• having a go at milking a goat
• feeding the calves and goat kids
• hay feeding sheep and lambs
• feeding the guinea pigs
Children will need to come dressed in suitable clothing including long pants and solid footwear such as an old pair of joggers. A hat, raincoat and water bottle will also be required. Children must realise that they are not here to play with the animals but are participating in important farm chores. There will also be a morning tea break, where morning tea will be supplied.
If this session books out we may run another the next week so please leave your details on the waiting list on the Trybooking event.
- Participating children will be under the care of qualified Edendale staff.
- You need to book and pay on line where we will collect some details about the participant.
- If minimum numbers are not reached you will be fully refunded.
- Please check other conditions of enrolment on the registration form.
Book online with Trybooking
Thursday, 26 September 2019 | 09:00 AM
- 12:00 PM
Edendale Community Environment Farm, 30 Gastons Road, Eltham 3095 View Map