To provide an interactive community and education centre to support sustainable living practices for the whole community.
Edendale is enhancing awareness of environmental sustainability through learning and is a place for:
- lifelong learning about environmental issues including demonstration of local solutions to global environmental challenges
- drawing people from Nillumbik and beyond
- celebrating the richness of the Nillumbik environment and culture
- vibrant and inspiring community activity.
Our guiding principles
Edendale is guided by the following principles:
- enhance delivery of education and learning opportunities for all ages and abilities
- demonstrate sustainability through on-site commitment to reducing our ecological footprint
- protect, enhance and interpret the local biodiversity and cultural heritage of the site
- provide opportunities for, and seek community involvement, inclusion and celebration in environmental education
- showcase exemplary design, functionality and aesthetics throughout the site
- undertake all activities in accordance with inclusive and good governance practices.